What is the purpose of the Profiles?
Lengthy discussion about the effects of ME (cfs) with health care practitioners and members of the public is a necessary part of having this disease. This process can be complicated and overwhelming at the best of times. Using the profiles help by providing a better focus and snapshot of the impairments associated with ME (cfs) and their impact on daily activity performance, independence, and quality of life.
How are the Profiles to be used?
- to give to doctors and healthcare practitioners for treatment planning, managing daily coping skills, and assessments for support services
- as extra information to add to written reports when full documentation is required
- to explain the need for activities to be limited within impairments when negotiating for a better outcome in the following situations:
- employers and employment agencies
- education system
- applying for disability and other social welfare benefits
- applying for insurance and compensation claims
- legal claims
- other situations as appropriate
- as a record for review at regular intervals to track any changes in impairments so adjustments can be made to lifestyle and activities
- to raise awareness, educate health care practitioners and members of the public
Impairment Profile – General (PDF, 50Kb)
Impairment Profile – Activities (PDF, 73Kb)